Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursday's Children - This One is for Tamara

I've been deep in the land of edits this week and I haven't had a lot of time for blogging or you know cooking...cleaning...pretty much anything but my kids and this book. But I remembered it was Thursday and it was time for a Thursday's Children post, and I really am trying to keep up with them.

Then I remembered that I promised Tamara that I'd do a post about my muse - or at least the physical representation of my muse. I actually have a more in depth post planned on the idea of muses, but that's writing for another week. 

Back in December, Tamara, fellow writer and Thursday's Children blogger blogged about muses and hers in particular - Agent Inkblot aka Inky. He's an adorable little guy and you can see him, here. So I thought I'd introduce you all to Bridgid.

Bridgid is a hand felted sculpture made for me by my very talented friend Jen. Bridgid and her fox sit on one of my bookshelves and I can always see her from where I work. She's not my muse in the sense that I feel this is where my stories come from but there's something a little magical about her that makes me smile and imagine the possibilities.

And now that I've introduced you to Bridgid, I'm heading back to the editing cave.

But first, here's the linky code if you'd like to participate in the Thursday's Children blog hop, too!

<!– start LinkyTools script –>
<p><b>Powered by Linky Tools</b></p><p><a href=”http://www.linkytools.com/wordpress_list.aspx?id=179091&type=basic“>Click here</a> to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…</p>
<!– end LinkyTools script –>


<!– start LinkyTools script –>
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
<!– end LinkyTools script –>

7 comments:

  1. haha...that was really sweet. I am bummed today and this cheered me up. I love hand-felted stuff. So cool. I like the little hand-felted fairies. really cute!!

    thanks for sharing her with us. Inky is on my lap as we speak, where he always sits now when I'm writing. My kids laugh at me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I know she's not a fairy. I mean,I also like hand-felted fairies. I've seen some that are really cute. I really wish comments could be edited. So annoying that they can't!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm sorry you were having a cruddy day. I hope it's better now. I love hand-felted faeries, too - actually most faeries, really. :D

      I hope Inky's doing his job and helping you write. :)

      Delete
    2. I really love fairies as well!! It seems like all the stuff I love (fairies, magic, Disney, my small Inky stuffed-animal etc...) is all stuff I was supposed to outgrow in adulthood. How boring would that be though??? :)

      Delete
    3. Outgrowing stuff that makes us happy is totally overrated! :D

      Delete
  3. I like Brighid, and I love foxes. We used to feed a family of foxes who visited our backyard when I was a kid-they were the silvery-gray type. The mama would bring her kits along sometimes and they played just like puppies, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous! I only ever catch fleeting glimpses of them.

      Delete