Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

I Just Got a Nifty New Blog Award


The talented and fascinating Rhiann Wynn-Nolet just awarded me the One Lovely Blog Award! You should definitely take a peek at her blog and learn a little bit about her.

In the meanwhile, here are seven facts about me.

1.) My college job was working as a seamstress and makeup artist at the university theatre.

2.) I once had a poem critiqued (in public - eep!) by Allen Ginsberg.

3.) I used to run a small business out of my home making bridal dresses, veils and bridesmaids' dresses.

4.) I collect rocks. No really. They're all over the house. I bring them home from wherever I go and people bring them to me when they travel. One of my favorites is a piece of mortar from the ruins of Glastonbury Abbey a friend brought home to me.

5.) I was jealous of my little brother because he had an imaginary friend and I didn't. True story.

6.) I can knit - but only slippers.

7.) I collect fairy tale books - picture books, antique volumes, modern - you name it, I want it on my shelf.

Now, I'm tagging  a few awesome people for you to get to know better. Check them out!

Kirsti Jones

Tess Grant

Patricia Kiyono

Stephanie Michels

Lynn Dozema

If your name is on the list and you'd prefer not to participate, it's all good. :)



4 comments:

  1. Clearly you are WAY more talented with sewing crafts than I am, what a cool college job! Allen Ginsberg-wow, that must have been intimidating o_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was *way* intimidating. Ulcer-producing intimidating!

      Delete
  2. Awesome facts. I've always wanted to be able to sew...but I don't have the patience for it. I will glue gun the hell out of something though!! haha

    And I think it's really neat that you collect fairy tale books. I love looking at all the illustrations in them, they're always so pretty!! And your colllege job sounds way cooler than most jobs I've had! :)

    Congrats on the award!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sewing's really pretty easy - especially if you think of it as putting together a puzzle made of fabric.

      The artwork in some of those books is just stunning - I could sit and look at them all day! :D

      Delete