Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thursday's Children - Embracing the Chaos

It's the holiday season and everyone is sunning around like crazy people. Or is that just me? Either way, trying to keep to my regular writing schedule during this time of year is more than a little daunting. We've had four family holiday parties so far and one left to go. It's madness.

But, I'm trying. I know that if I don't - if I just blow off all my writing duties (like bloggging) - I'll have a harder time getting back into my story when things are less chaotic. But sometimes we just have to embrace the insanity and do the best we can and get back to our writing later.

So right now, I'm going for ninty percent embracing the insanity and ten percent normal writing schedule. It's a lot like working out to keep up my stamina so I'll have enough energy to run that marathon when the holiday madness is over.

If you celebrate any of the holidays this season, I hope you're all enjoying time with your family and friends. If you don't celebrate, I'm still hoping you're having a great end of the year and I'm wishing us all a wonderful and productive new year!

<!-- start LinkyTools script -->
<script src="http://www.linkytools.com/basic_linky_include.aspx?id=177539" type="text/javascript"></script>
<!-- end LinkyTools script -->
Please feel free to join the blog hop below using the linky tool above. :) And join the blog hop below...

2 comments:

  1. Haha...

    I've also been worrying a bit now that my production has dropped to near-zero.

    I say take a break, enjoy this time, and come back with guns blazin' in 2013! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my. I used to have a cat who climbed Christmas trees. Good times. Good times.

    http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-day-for-oddballs-fruit-loops-and.html

    ReplyDelete