Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

The Kindness Project

I'm guessing that most people in the States can agree that this winter has suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked hard. I know I'm sick of the endless snow. I'm especially tired of getting stuck on my street that rarely gets plowed and if it does, it's the most half-assed plow job ever. Needless to say, I've been a frustrated and more than a little bummed out at the endless snow and gray skies.

I know tons of other people have been, too, so I'm trying to make a point to spread a little love and kindness. Some acts are random and impulsive like smiling at strangers, holding doors, paying for the person behind me at Starbucks or paying a genuine compliment to someone I'm interacting with.

Others are less random - some friends and family members will be receiving little pick-me-ups in the mail. It might be something knitted or drawn or baked - or maybe even a book. I believe kindness begets kindness, and I also believe it's something everyone could use more of in their lives.

My goal for 2014 is at least 100 random and not so random acts of kindness. My hope is that it will spread all around like much needed sunshine. I invite you to smile more - you could change someone's day.





1 comment: