Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

And I Humbly Accept...

The Liebster Award!



Given to me by the lovely Rhiann over at  A Nest of Words!

Here were Rhiann's questions for me:


1. If you were to choose a Nom de Plume, what would it be?

Maybe Bridgid...or Morgan...or Gwenden...or how about Morwyn or Tristyn? Definitely something Celtic - lol!

2. What is your favorite flower?


Lilacs - I love the colors, the scent and the feeling that if they've survived winter long enough to bloom, than I can too.


3. If you had to live prior to 1900, what century would you choose, and why?


Is it wrong that I'd want to live in the Edwardian period for the fantastic dresses and jewelry? I know, I know - totally shallow, but there it is.



4. What is your motto?

It's a quote by Maggie Kuhn. "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes."  It's not always the easiest thing to do, but I try.

5. Lake or ocean, and why?

Lake - Lake Superior in particular. It's an amazing body of water that has a different personality for every season. Actually, depending on the weather, a different personality for every day! It's HUGE and the waves never stop. It's my favorite place to visit and the home of our annual writers retreat!







6. Tell us three things about a favorite character you've created.

Right now, I'm really fond of Mellie
1. I love how her bitchtastic personality conflicts with her deep-down desire to do the right thing.
2. She's a changling trying to live her own life in the midst of someone else's.
3. Her strength in choosing to help another even though she'll suffer for it.


7. You're in a car and this song comes on the radio - you can't change the station fast enough.

So. Many. Songs. Which is why I have tons of cds in my car (Sadly, my car is too old to have an iPod jack, but the next one will!) The cds keep me from playing "Radio Roulette" while I'm driving. I hate the song Bad to the Bone" more than I can possibly express, also anything by ZZ Top. I should probably stop the list there or it'll be endless.


8. Which author influences you most as a writer, and in what way?

Charles deLint - that man blends the magical and mundane like no other and transports me to en entirely new world! Love his work! Someday, I'd love to have that same effect on people.


9. When you get writer's block, doing this helps. (If you never get writer's block I'm blowing raspberries at you).


Honestly, I don't really get writer's block. I do, however, suffer from chaotic life snydrome which often achieves the same results. But usually, a little deep breathing while listening to the book's soundtrack will get me back on the right path again. Or switching WIPS - that helps too. .

10. What movie scared you (and maybe scarred you)?

It. Definitely, It. I've never liked clowns, but Tim Curry in that movie turned discomfort into a full-on phobia.

11. What's your favorite Halloween candy?

Um...all of it?  Probably Reece's Peanut Butter Cups or Mounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment